I made these ahead of time then froze them until a day or two ahead of when I would need them.
* 6 cups flour
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 2 cups water (warm)
* 1 tablespoon yeast
* 2 eggs, well beaten
* 1 cup oil
1. Dissolve yeast in water with a pinch of sugar.
2. Mix in with other ingredients.
3.Knead for 10 minutes on a floured surface.
4. Let rise until doubled in bulk (about 45 minutes).
5. Punch down and let rise again.
6. Punch down and form into bun shapes (hamburger or hot dog).
7. Make them on the small side as they do raise a little more when you bake them.
8. Let rise until double.
9.Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
10.Let cool until just warm to the touch; place in a sealed bag to soften crust.
11. Makes 16-20 hamburger rolls.
12. NOTE: You can cut this in half.
13.Double wrap and freeze any remaining ones.
Serving Size 1 (101g)
Recipe makes 16 servings
Calories from Fat 132 (42%)
Amount Per Serving %DV
Total Fat 14.7g 22%
Saturated Fat 2.3g 11%
Monounsaturated Fat 6.2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5.4g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 26mg 8%
Sodium 446mg 18%
Potassium 73mg 2%
Total Carbohydrate 39.2g 13%
Dietary Fiber 1.4g 5%
Protein 5.9g 11%