ALL SCRIPTURE FEATURED ON MY BLOG IS TAKEN FROM THE BIBLE (KING JAMES AUTHORIZED VERSION), WITH PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Silent in the Churches

As I was looking for a verse in my Bible I saw a verse that sparked me to want to do another post on something that I see in churches that is not in accordance with the Bible. This is the topic of a woman's role in the church whether your church meets in a person's home or an actual building that isn't someone's home (although IF a group of God's children get together they can still have church no matter where they are because the person is God's sanctuary).

Okay, so this won't be real long because the Bible speaks for itself and doesn't real need any explanation.

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. 1 Corinthians 14:34

Now, there was a church we went to for awhile and the women would give prayer requests and testimonies even I did. Well, I had read that verse in the Bible and I thought about it but until a friend mentioned (that because of something I had asked about somethin' else)I had forgotten about the verse and when she did I knew I wasn't to do any such thing anymore because God's words are very clear. It is not a woman's place to speak during service in front of everyone unless the pastor out right asked a question but then again he could ask her husband or father if her husband or father doesn't know and asks his wife it is different

No comments:

Post a Comment