ALL SCRIPTURE FEATURED ON MY BLOG IS TAKEN FROM THE BIBLE (KING JAMES AUTHORIZED VERSION), WITH PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Peach Cobbler

Howdy, Everyone!

It's been awhile since I have posted so here I am:)  I wanted to share a video and a recipe with you.
I saw an excerpt  of the West Ladies in The Art of Cooking and they were making peach cobbler. So, I decided to look for a recipe similar to their and I found one! I made it Saturday and it turned out pretty good. My Dad agreed and said, "That was good!"

So, here's the video and I will include the recipe underneath it.:
The Art of Cooking


Ingredients

* 2 cups fresh peaches
* 1/2 cup sugar (for peaches)
* 1/4 lb butter
* 3/4 cup milk, for batter

Batter

* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 3/4 cup flour

Directions:

1.Heat the peaches in saucepan with 1/2 cup sugar, til good and hot.
2.(if using canned peaches, don't add sugar).
3.Melt butter in 2 qt baking dish. ( I doubled the recipe and baked it in my 12 inch cast iron skillet)
4.Mix dry ingredients for batter.
5.Add 3/4 cup milk, beating until all the lumps are gone.
6.Pour batter onto melted butter.
7.DO NOT STIR!
8.Spoon hot peaches onto the batter.
9.DO NOT STIR!
10.Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
11. The batter will have risen to the top, making a beautiful golden crust.
12. This is also good with plums, boysenberries, apricots etc.


ENJOY!!! - I forgot to take a pic of it after I took it out of the oven...I know I am terrible!

No comments:

Post a Comment