ALL SCRIPTURE FEATURED ON MY BLOG IS TAKEN FROM THE BIBLE (KING JAMES AUTHORIZED VERSION), WITH PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Lavender Lemonade

Directions: In a 2 quart pyrex measuring bowl (I never use one. I heat mine up on the stove since we purposely don't have a microwave). Place 8 cups of water in and 7 heaping tbs of lavender flowers. Boil 24 minutes in microwave. Steep 2-3 hours in a 1 gallon container. Put two cap fulls of Country Time lemonade (if you do not want to use that since it's full of junk you can always use lemon juice but I'd add a little at a time. I usually squeeze lemons but I use less than what I would for regular lemonade. So, maybe 4 lemons...I'd do according to your taste then add sugar according to your taste. If it to tart no matter what then pour a little of the lemonade out and add more water and sugar. I should of wrote down my adjustments but the thing on the sugar is that I have never measured the sugar out when I make any kind of sweet tea or lemonade...I like my stuff sweet so why measure anymore?). Strain lavender water into container. Add enough water to fill to top of container. Then you're done:) Chill till you're ready to drink.


Hope yall enjoy this! I have been meaning to post this recipe for ages but never got around to it till now:)


I love lavender and it's tartness!

No comments:

Post a Comment