ALL SCRIPTURE FEATURED ON MY BLOG IS TAKEN FROM THE BIBLE (KING JAMES AUTHORIZED VERSION), WITH PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tomatillo Salsa Verde

Note: I did not use any oregano, or cilantro(I forgot to buy).  I will include the link so you can read the comments/reviews to get an idea if you want to tweak the recipe or not. I blended mine first then cooked it. I use a little bit of vinegar and lime juice instead of water but next time I will just use a little bit of lime juice only since it has enough liquid if you blend it first.  It is soooo yummy!

Tomatillo Salsa Verde





Ingredients:
  • 1 pound tomatillos, husked ( I used the ones from our garden and I didn't weigh to see if it was a pound)
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 serrano chile peppers, minced  (I used 4 Thai peppers instead.)
  • 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
  • 2 cups water

Directions

  1. Place tomatillos, onion, garlic, and chile pepper into a saucepan. Season with cilantro, oregano, cumin, and salt; pour in water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the tomatillos are soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
  2. Using a blender, carefully puree the tomatillos and water in batches until smooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment