ALL SCRIPTURE FEATURED ON MY BLOG IS TAKEN FROM THE BIBLE (KING JAMES AUTHORIZED VERSION), WITH PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Baked Custard

This recipe is delicious and rich...something to have as an occasional treat.

Baked Custard taken from the cookbook Nourishing Traditions by Mary Enig and Sally Fallon

1C whole milk
1C heavy cream, not ultrapasteurized
1/4C honey or Rapadura (I used raw turbinado sugar. I buy 2lb box from Wal-mart)
5 egg yolks
1tsp vanilla ( I think I added 2)extract

Warm milk and cream gently over a low flame. Meanwhile, beat rapadura or honey with egg yolks.
Slowly add milk and cream miture to eggs, beating constantly. Blend vanilla and pour into individual cups (didn't have any so I poured into a 13x9 glass dish). Place in a pan of hot water and bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour, or until knife inserted into the custar coems out clean. Chill well.


I guess I didn't take a pic of this because I don't remember taking one...sorry. We loved this! My brother ahd the same reaction I did when I first tasted it....hmm hmm hmmm:)

No comments:

Post a Comment